1970 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400, a true W66/L78 car with its original drivetrain, sheetmetal & great colors. PHS documents. Matching numbers 400/330 HP (10:1 compression) 4 bbl. YS engine, Turbo 400 automatic (M40) & 3:31 open rear end. One of 2967 M40 cars produced. Stunning Atoll Blue with blue deluxe comfort weave interior with headrests. Instrument cluster is smooth, fully operational and trustworthy. Tilt column was added during the restoration. Car has its original date-coded wheels with original spare and canister. Original spiral shocks included.
Car is loaded with options including:
- Turbo 400 Automatic transmission (Code 351)
- Air conditioning (Code 582)
- Console (Code 494)
- Formula steering wheel (Code 464)
- Décor mouldings (Code 431)
- Custom trim (Code 731)
- GM visor mirror (Code 441)
- Tachometer instrument cluster (Code 484)
- Power steering (Code 501)
- Power brakes (Code 502)
- GM front & rear floor mats (Code 521/522)
- Rally II wheels (Code 474)
This is a restored original southern car with PHS documents. Originally delivered to Charlie Cox Olds Pontiac in Albertville, AL. Aug. of 1970. Car was in the Carolinas then completely restored six years ago with few miles since. Car has some metal finishing in the lower quarter panels and driver’s toe board, but retains it’s original sheetmetal otherwise. Restoration was performed to a very high level. Cars looks and drives very well.
When was the last time you saw one?